Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Friday, May 30, 2014

A Funny Day

It's thundering.  Not usually a problem but in the last five years our home has been hit by lightening three times.  So, if it thunders, we run around unplugging everything.


It did take me away from my sewing machine.  I am currently creating a t-shirt quilt for a client. She contacted me on Etsy and sent her shirts all the way from Hawaii. I am flattered that I was chosen to make her quilt.  It's fun to see t-shirts from an area I haven't been before.  It's also wonderful to share a bit of someone's history with them.


By moving away from my sewing machine,  I sat down at my design table and started working on a new pattern. This one has cats and bees involved in it and playing with the different facial expressions has been enjoyable.  It's interesting to see how just a slight change in a line add create a completely different mood in my cat.


But why is the day funny.  I've been to my computer, my machine, my design board and a few other places.  One of those places is now the home of my glasses!  They blend into many backgrounds and at the moment I do not know where they are.