Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quilting But Not Blogging

I have been really busy.  I finished two table runners, a quilt, and a pillow cover these past two weeks, but I haven't really blogged about it.

Sometimes I just want to keep sewing.  It's safe.  I don't always have to think or "put myself out there" when I quilt.

I have two quilts that I want to create into patterns.  Why don't I start?  I've made the quilts, I know I like them.  I have thought of several ways that the quilt can be appealing to more than one audience.  My husband has had a brilliant idea for a quilt and why don't I design his idea?

What stops you from taking the next step?


Here is one of the quilts I finished.  This is from Kids Quilts.  Its called Oops a Daisy.  I used only fabrics from my stash to make it and was surprised how many prints I had with butterflies in them.  This quilt turned out cheerful and happy.  I love that the butterflies are 8 inches across and the flowers are about 6 inches across.  Children will have so much fun sitting one this quilt and finding the butterflies, flowers and hearts.  If you want the pattern go to the Kids Quilts website.  I bought three other patterns from this company, all for kids quilts.  I think the patterns are unique.  If you want to buy this quilt, you can go to my Etsy page.