Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Monday, March 5, 2012

One Week One Challenge

Fellow blogger, Amy's Creative Side has offered a challenge to finish one project this week as a motivational tool.  Great idea Amy!  And, if you are not a quilter, finish something else this week.  Come back and post it here for all of us to share in your accomplishment and get a ^5.

I have the new Moda fabric - Tend the Earth - by Deb Strain.  I have one charm pack and one jelly roll.  The fabrics are absolutely beautiful.  They are based on a garden theme - birds, butterflies, old planters, in the spring colors of blue, green, purple and brown.


But I have been staring at the fabrics for two days.  I can't come up with an original design.  Do I want it to look minimalist?  The fabrics are a little busy.  I can surround the darks with lights.  Should I go through my stash and find some fabrics to match?  Find some solids?

I love every fabric individually, but collectively, I am struggling.  Until the modern quilt became minimalist, I was satisfied with fabric collections like this. Now, I am wondering if I should go down the modern path or find something else.  I really want to create my own path.

So my challenge is to design and finish a quilt top using this amazing fabric line, Tend the Earth by Moda.What will be your challenge?