Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Abstract Formal Garden Table Topper - Amy's One Thing One Week Challenge

I used Deb Strain's Tend the Earth line from Moda to make a formal garden table topper.  The garden is in the abstract and each block represents a different part of the garden.  There are ponds, streams, areas for birds and bees, gates and pathways.

Prairie points bring parts of the garden together.  
At the center of each square are bubbles of water fountains and one garden gate.


I still have to add the border and quilt it, but I had been staring at the fabric for three weeks before I started sewing the jelly roll and charm pack so I accomplished my goal.  I love the abstract thought that went into making this project.  Thinking about it opened my mind to new possibilities.