Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Center Panel - 2011 Jewels Quilt

Thus is the center panel of the NAM Jeans and Jewels 2012 quilt. It is a combination of fused applique, fussy cutting and mitered borders.  The pattern is called Ruffled Roses by Susan Garman.  The fabrics are called Beloved Beauties, designed by Elly Sienkiewicz of P and B Textiles.


I have many more inches to go before the quilt top is complete, but I am on schedule to have the quilt ready for hand quilting.  I have added two borders and have cut the fabric for the third.

One border is a swag.  One border is crosses of the various fabrics and I am now working on the four-patch units.

I love the colors of this quilt. The neutral look is so peaceful  It was my first reaction when I saw a completed version of this pattern in The Quilt Show booth at the 2011 Houston Quilt Market. The Quilt Show used it as their 2011 Block of the Month.
 I told the members of the staff that I wanted to use this quilt for a charity auction and they thought it was a wonderful idea.