Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Parrot and Tipsy Fish

My feisty parrot has tipped over the fish bowl.  This art quilt is a combination of colorful fabric, fabric markers and  raw edge stitching.  The edges are purposely crooked to add more conversation to the piece.

The parrot and fish fabric is actually a rainbow that I fussy cut to get only the reds to yellows.  I added details of eyes, fins and feathers with a black fabric pen.  I think the expressions on the fish are silly but perfect for the trouble they are in.

The seaweed is leftover fabric from another art quilt.  I used the fabric in that art quilt to make ferns.  Great way to use one fabric for two things.  The background is simple, no quilting and the pellon and paper are still in the quilt sandwich for extra stiffness.

This little image has found a new home in Colorado.  Thanks for stopping by my Etsy page.