Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Modern Quilt Relish Quilt Completed


I finished my Market Values quilt from the Modern Quilt Relish company.  I love how it turned out.  Look at my older posts about this quilt. (you can get there by clicking on the Modern Quilt Relish label).  You can see that I changed the fabrics in the center of the quilt twice.

Notice how I used chocolate brown thread to tie all the fabrics together.  I left some areas without quilting to create another rectangular area.  I recommend spending more time rehearsing fabrics before you start sewing.  The pattern was simple to make -  just a few hours.  The quilting took the most time because I had the lines of stitching so close together.  By using other quilting designs, the quilt can be completed in a day or weekend.