Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting my act together

I'm afraid as you read my blog over the next few weeks, you'll see many changes.  Don't despair.  It's me finally taking the time to design the blog.  This is something I should have done months ago.  It took the gateway in front of the bobbin casing on my Bernina 440QE to break before I returned to my blog.  '

I am not saying anything negative about my Bernina.  It's a workhorse.  I have used it almost daily for six years.  Something is bound to break after that amount of use.  I take it in once a year for routine servicing.  It's funny that the gateway broke the day before I was going to take it in.

So I'll show you some of the projects I've been working on.  One is a quilt I am putting together for the Northwest Assistance Ministries Jeans and Jewels auction.  Another is a new quilt from the designer of the New Zealand company Kids Quilts, Inc.  And I am starting to really think about my own designs and will share that process with you.

More anon