Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fabric for the 2012 Jeans and Jewels quilt

Here are the fabrics that will be used in the 2012 NAM Jeans and Jewels quilt.


The fabrics are from the Beloved Beauties Collection by designer Elly Sienkiewicz for P&B Textiles.  This line of fabric is from the 2011 collection.  You will need to search shops to find out who still has yardage. One of the many ways to search for fabric is through Fabric Search, a part of FabShopHop.  The pattern is called Ruffled Roses by Susan Garman.  Many of her incredibly detailed patterns can be purchased from Quakertown Quilts.

I know several of you are wondering what NAM is and specifically, Jeans and Jewels.  A history of this nonprofit service organization will be coming soon.  Follow my blog so you will know when I post another entry.  I will be doing interviews with quilters who have made the quilts in previous years, uploading photographs of previous quilts, and discussing all the many facets of NAM and how they serve the Northwest Harris County community.

If you would like to see NAM's website now, go to this link: Northwest Assistance Ministries