Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Commitment to Quilting

I've finished four tops without quilting the layers.  It's fun to make tops, I love piecing colors and textures and seeing a design unfold.  But as an artist and Etsian, I must complete my projects.  So the next days are devoted to finishing the smallest of my quilts.  I'm finishing the Modern Quilt Relish pattern.

I am going to use a YLI Machine Quilting Thread.  it's 100% long staple Egyptian cotton, 40/3 ply.  It has a lovely sheen to it.  I bought them wholesale at the Houston Quilt Market.  Its name, Chocolate, is true.  I named it chocolate before I knew that was its real name.