Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Friday, February 3, 2012

I thought being without a sewing machine would "paralyze" me.  How can you quilt without a machine, after all?  But as I enter the third day and am starting to recover from my withdrawals, I have found plenty to do.

Today I have been cutting out all the fabric from my next quilt.  I am usng the "Oops a Daisy" pattern from Kids Quilts Ltd.  The link to their website is Kids Quilts, Ltd.  Here is a picture of the orginal pattern.  Their company is out of New Zealand so allow plenty of time for your patterns to ship.
At first I was determined to use similar fabrics as those seen in the picture and was getting ready to head to the fabric store.  But I heard my stash calling me.  I challenged myself to only the fabrics from my stash.  I now have the butterflies fused and ready to the point of sewing. (See, there is plenty to do without a machine!)  My butterfles are completely different.



I am now cutting all the sashing and squares that go around the outside of the butterflies, hearts, and flowers. 

More anon