Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Who knew when I started my business that a chicken would become a big part of my shop and the question: Why did the chicken cross the road would lead so many to view my art work. Here are a few examples 1) Why did the chicken cross the road? To show you her new hat! This is a really fun mini quilt because I actually found fabric with feathers on it. The chick looks like she is waving to you as she crosses. 2) Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the quilt shop! 3) Why did the chicken cross the road? To show you her new hat! Except that her hat is a big pink flower. 4)Why did the chicken cross the road? To show you her new hat and then go shopping!


I was at my mom's house after a rainstorm and I went outside to check the flower beds. There was one of her garden stakes, a big fat bird with a flower on her head. The flower had blown in with the wind. This lead to a photograph. I had the photo up for sale forever on Etsy and it had a few looks but no takers.


So one day I was looking at it and all these funny chicken images came to mind. Thus I made the Why did the chicken cross the road series of mini quilts and table runners.



Please visit my shop at http://www.artfire.com/users/GrammiesInspirations and enjoy my chickens's version of Why did the chicken cross the road. It would be fun to have this in a child's room and you can spend time together making up your own answers to the question.