Welcome to my journey

I design art quilts, table runners, table toppers, mug rugs, place mats, wall hangings, and quilts and sell them on Etsy. I sew from chosen patterns and well as create unique patterns for custom and commission work.

Monday, May 16, 2011

learning to learn in layers

I recently joined Artfire  http://www.artfire.com/users/GrammiesInspirations as a means of selling my art.  I would like to do well there - both in connecting with great people and with selling my art.  There is a help guide - 45 days to selling on Artfire.  So I should believe that in 45 days, I'll have the perfect site to sell my quilts.  But the 45 days have inner links and things to do.  If I do them all I'll never get back to making things.  If I stop making things to sell, then...I won't sell.  But if I don't know the best way...

It's an interesting problem faced by those of us who are entering the online world of social networking.  I would love to hear your thoughts.   And it's also interesting that my friends and neighbors are interested in my work now and they haven't been to my sites.

I have been selling on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/GrammiesInspirations I wasn't dealing with this issue there, but I also thought people would just flock to my shop and the one in a thougsnad would just love everything I made.  So obviously a part of me is just plain silly.